The Hoffmann MX-5 Double End Miter Saw is equipped with two sawing, two integrated dovetail routing and dowel drilling stations, mounted on a heavy-duty, welded steel frame. Sealed linear bearings and precision ground guide rails assure long-term reliability and accuracy.
Left hand station is fixed, right hand station is automatically moved on rack and pinion gear to adjust cutting length.
Cutting angles are manually and independent of each other adjusted on each side with pre-set stops and digital displays for intermediate angles.
Keyway and dowel hole locations are entered on touchscreen and automatically adjustment with NC-axis.
Routing and/or drilling operations can be disabled to use machine for miter sawing only.
Saw heads are manufactured by Hoffmann-Germany to close tolerances and are designed for production-duty use. Standard saw blades are 400mm diameter, carbide tipped.
Replaceable table inserts eliminate chipping on underside of work-piece.
Pneumatic material clamps are adjustable to suit different work-piece dimensions.
Custom material support blocks, center stands, additional horizontal and vertical clamps and other options are available and provided as needed to meet customer’s requirements.
Solid wood, MDF as well as plastics and composite profiles can be processed with speed and accuracy.
Typical applications include window and door components made of wood, PVA or aluminum, decorative trim and casing profiles, architectural millwork, shutter frames, store fixtures, shelves, wood components for the furniture industry, plastics and aluminum parts for the RV industry, etc.
- Operator enters information for cutting length and keyway and dowel hole locations on touchscreen (or recalls previously stored parameters), then places work-piece on material supports
- Operator activates two-hand safety controls – pneumatic clamps secure material on table.
- Saw blades cut through material and retract up to their home position.
- Router motors move up and rout keyways to pre-set lengths, then retract below tables.
- Drilling heads move up and drill dowel holes in selected locations, then return to their home positions.
- Pneumatic clamps release the material and operator removes finished part.
Hoffmann MX-series double-end miter saws are built to order we work closely with our clients to determine which modifications or options are required to meet customer’s production needs.
Available options include:
- Safety floor mats and safety fence system
- Pneumatic 2-position cutting angle adjustment for 0° and 45°, intermediate angles set manually
- Automatic cutting angle adjustment with NC-axis for every angle between 0 – 45 via touch screen input
- Retracting infeed support table and automatically extending center support arm.
- Longer cutting lengths and/or larger cutting capacities
- Other models available for sawing operations only (MX-1), with integrated dovetail routing operations (MX-2) or with integrated dowel drilling operations (MX-3)
Power 230 Volts, 3 P, 8KW
Air Supply 90 psi – 3 cfm
Saw heads 2 x 2 1/2 HP, 3,470 rpm
Saw blades 400mm diameter, carbide tipped
Router heads 2 x 1,000 watt router motors
Boring heads 2 x 1,000 watts drill motors
Installed drill bits 6mm
Available drill bits 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm and inch equivalents
Installed router bits Hoffmann W-2 solid carbide
Available router bits Hoffmann W-1, W-2, W-3
Cutting capacity 5.5” width, 4” thickness (see diagram)
Cutting angle preset stops at 0° – 22.5° – 30° - 45°, intermediate angles set with manual clamp
Minimum length 17.5” (445mm) both heads simultaneously, 6” with short-cut fixture and sequential cutting
Maximum length 118”, longer lengths optional
Operation two-hand safety controls
Controls electronic operation with PLC
Dust collection 4 x ports, 80mm diameter
Hoffmann MX-5 double end miter saw, ready for operation, automatic cutting length adjustment with touchscreen input, manual cutting angle adjustments left and right with digital displays with 0.1° accuracy, one router motor and one drilling motor per side, with automatic adjustment of up to keyway locations and up to nine dowel hole locations per side, air filter-regulator-lubricator assembly installed, two-hand safety operation, flow control valves for saw blade feed rate, emergency-stop-switch, manual and toolkit.