The machines are equipped with two heating elements and two (MOBIL 2500) or three (MOBIL 3000) pneumatic clamping stations. Each station features two horizontal clamping cylinders to secure the panels and two vertical short-stroke cylinders to pull the panels down onto the edgebanding. Standard white or yellow PVA glue is used in combination with the adjustable heating elements to attach up to 2” thick and up to 4” tall solid wood edges without the need for special glue, splines or additional fasteners. Glue bond strong enough to remove the panel from the press is achieved in about one minute on 1” thick wood edges – less time is needed for thinner stock. An adjustable steel edge guide assures consistent and parallel edge alignment and edges up to 4” wide (waterfall edges) can be processed. In addition to standard square or butt-joined edges mitered corner edges can be applied quickly and easily. The adjustable miter stop is used to precisely locate the inside corner of the mitered edge band with the corner of the panel, resulting in tight fitting joints on every panel. Two and three station models allow continuous operation when processing small to mid-sized panels. By the time the last panel is placed and clamped in the machine, the first panel can already be removed. This is especially true for the three station Mobil 3000, which is ideal for this type of operation.
The operator begins by placing a wood strip in the pre-heating element to increase its temperature to the pre-set level. Once removed, the strip is placed with the cool face down onto the heated platen of the pressing area. After applying glue to the panel, it is set onto the pre-heated face of the edge strip (unlike with hot-melt edgebanders, panels are commonly processed vertically in the press). The operator then activates the pneumatic push-button valves to clamp the panel against the back supports, then a second set of valves is activated and the lower cylinders pull the panel tightly onto the edgebanding strip. The combination of heat and pressure quickly creates a very strong bond.
- Tilting panel support frame for easier handling of large panels (horizontal operation)
- Adjustable miter stop for precise corners on architectural grade panels
- Separate controls for each clamping station to allow for continuous operation
- Air regulator, filter, lubricator assembly installed
- One main heating bar and one pre-heating bar with individual thermostats
- Removable pre-heat bar for easier access during horizontal operation
- Anodized heating platens to reduce scratching and glue build-up.
- Heavy, solid welded steel frame and clamping stations on ball bearings assure long-term accuracy.